Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Mario Brothers Baby Shower

I'm back from my trip to California and I must say, it went by way too fast. It was a short 6 days trip to throw my cousin a Baby Shower. It was a Mario Brothers Themed Baby Shower and it turned out better than I expected.

We did a lot of DIY decorations and spent most of our days leading up to the shower planning how the set up would be.
Here are some pictures of the baby shower. The left picture was our dessert table. We had cupcakes, sugar cookies, lollipops, cake and blue, green and red chocolates and candies.
We painted glass jars into piranha plants and put some blue, green and red chocolates inside of them. The sugar cookies were made to look like stars, chompers and piranaha plants. We also made Gooma cupcakes and ordered what i think is the BEST cupcakes I've ever tasted from "Nothing Bundt Cake", if you have never tried those I definitely recommend it, the most moist mini goodness ever!


"Nothing Bundt Cake- Assorted Flavors of Bundtini"

We printed out mario themed water bottle wrappers and used packing tape to stick it onto the water bottles. Also I cut out mario and luigi mustaches and use a hot glue gun to glue them onto red and green striped paper straws.







The Banner and front entrance view
And lastly, I made a diaper bike (I can do a step by step tutorial in a future post)

All in all, everything turned out amazing! She loved the party and the games we played kept the guest happy! It was well worth the trip (even though it was very short). I'll try to do a DIY tutorial for my next post. Thanks for reading!

With Love, Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment